Tuesday, October 1, 2013

THE WORLDS EASIEST (AND MAYBE YUMMIEST) DIY

Probably one of my favorite things to read on a blog is a DIY. And HELLO Pinterest. Its totally one of my favorite things in the whole world. ever. But when it comes to the DOING part of the DIY... I...don't. I have a hard time mustering up the patience to DIY even though I always want to save money, I hate to pay full price for anything, and I love creating (hello, I am an artist after all). But I do have a mean lazy streak. I'm trying to cure myself of that with our new home, I made a goal/pact with myself that I would DIY as much as I could and I'd buy minimal furniture that was actually new for the house. 

Anyway, I don't even know if you could call this a DIY so much as a recipe...but even THAT is pushing it. This is THAT easy. 

Untitled


I know. Chocolate. You could put chocolate on just about anything and it would be A. MAZING. Kind of like those booths at the fair that fry everything. Fried Butter? Fried PBJ? Totally weird. Totally good.  I digress...

As a rule, I purchase one pack of semi-sweet chocolate morsels every single week when I buy groceries. Its basically just as important as buying bread in this house. Bread... Milk...Eggs...Chocolate. And I we use the entire package every week. What does that say about us? I don't know. And I'm okay with it. Any who. I was craving something salty and sweet the other day and I knew Henry was going to want a late afternoon snack. We rarely let him have junky food so I figured he'd get a kick out of chocolate covered pretzels.

Here's what you need:
A Handful of Chocolate Morsels (whatever type suits you best)
Pretzels
Cream or Milk (Optional)
Sprinkles (Optional)

Here's what you do:

Chocolate covered pretzles

Put your handful of morsels in a microwave safe container. I usually use a mason jar or glass pyrex dish  that comes with a top so that I can just pop any leftovers into the fridge. 

Chocolate covered pretzles

If you want creamier chocolate, or a softer covering for the pretzel then add enough milk or cream to JUST cover the morsels. Should be 1/8 to 1/4 cup at most. If you chose to do this, then you will have to keep the covered pretzels in the fridge to keep them solid-ish. 

If you skip the milk/cream then you still want to put the covered pretzels into the fridge to temper the chocolate so it hardens, but they should stay hard out of the fridge, but wont keep as long.

Basically, do whatever you want to do :). 

Chocolate covered pretzles

Microwave the morsels for a minute, and let sit for a few minutes in the microwave before stirring.
This prevents the chocolate from cooling too fast and becoming grainy (again- this step is nitpicky, you can stir right away if you're like me and don't want to wait :) ). Stir the mixture until smooth. 

Chocolate covered pretzles

Dip those bad boys into the chocolate and lay onto a cookie tray. I added some sprinkles for a little sass and additional crunch. Enjoy! 

And you're welcome. 

What's your favorite thing to combine with chocolate? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS