Friday, November 1, 2013

ON MY HEART [ A LINK UP]: HIM

Untitled

This one. This one made me a mama. He tests my patience every day. He sanctifies me every day. He made me a better person the second he was born.


Untitled

He takes me out of my introverted shell every day with his wide and happy and loud "HI!" to complete strangers. He makes those complete strangers light up. I've seen him pull people out of their terrible awful painful days.


Untitled

Henry James I think and pray and plan and try every day to be the best mama I can be to you. To give you the childhood you deserve. To prepare you for the world. To find the balance between self protection and really giving yourself to the world and serving others. But you've already taught me more about myself and more about the world in these 20 short and long months than I feel that I could ever teach you, son. 

Untitled

You are full on, wide open, a bruiser. You steamroll everything and everyone. That is something I love about you. You are simultaneously unapologetic and sensitive to the world around you. You are attentive to everyone you meet. You listen. You take in. And you already give to others. You know when I'm sad, you know when someone needs a kiss from you.


Untitled

You slay me little boy. Every day. I pray every single night that you never for one second doubt the love that I and your father have for you. Because it is deep and wide. and to the moon and stars and back a million times. 

Untitled

I love you, Henry James.

1 comment:

  1. I share your heart felt thoughts. Being a parent took me to a level I was not expecting - a place of peace, love, ultimate joy. I learned to play and have fun. Be in the moment and embrace the wonder of discovery. Being a parent to a little person was the best 'job' I every had. My memories of that time continue inspire me.
    Marmee

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS