Sunday, January 27, 2013

This Sweater


This sweater is a recent purchase at the J.Crew outlet near where i live.

It's cashmere. it's mint. it was on clearance.

I chose it not just because it is in the color of the moment. It reminds me if a sweater I had as a teenager.

I remember purchasing it from Benneton and it was kind of a big deal. It was part of a purchase of my first "grown up" clothes. It was to wear to work at my first job and for professional conferences I attended.

I remeber feeling pretty, feeling much more myself. I wore necklaces thAt I had made with it.
I wore it until it fell apart.

I love that clothes can carry a story like that. I think that is why I save my money for a few meaningful pieces like that rather than buying a lot of things I only wear once or twice.

>> Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS