Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mama Style








Today I'm linking up with Casey on Mama Style. 
These images sum up my style pretty well. I'd say that I look for classic, easy pieces that I can sass up with something a little unexpected. It may be with a funky necklace, hat or fun shoes. 

Right now I need something that can go from work to class, to the park, or out all in one day.
But I still want to express myself (the artist side of me) . Generally I will go for bright colors or graphic prints, sometimes together. And thats how I like it. My style inspiration since I was a child has been Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School bus. I know, I know. But really- she wears a classic cut with crazy colors and always has great shoes!! 

Becoming a mama has made me feel more beautiful than I ever did before. Truly. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm one of those women who say that those stretch marks are my tiger stripes.  I could do without that part, if we are being totally real here. Even though my body will never be the same again, It amazes me EVERY day that I was able to carry a little person for 9 months. And that makes me feel beautiful. It is as if being entrusted the great gift of another one's life just lit a fire inside of me. Just being H's mama makes me feel more myself than I ever felt before. 

I think that growing into myself in that way helped me become more myself with my style too- to rock the colors that others may not think go together. To wear the jingly yellow Ms. Frizzle shoes. 

>> Em 

1 comment:

  1. I like the stripes and fedora.

    By the way, I stumbled upon your blog through Mama Style Link Up.
    I hope you can visit my blog and if you'd like we can follow each other.

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS